- Foster a nurturing community that aim to bring out the best in all stories and writers alike.
- These are not rules but the morals we hope the community will hold each other to in terms of treatment and how they want to be treated. We can make them rules and enforce them with an iron fist but we rather keep the community as it currently is as a group that deals with issues by either asking the mods for judgment or working together to come to a consensus.
Don’t call a story “Not HFY”
- If you think a story does not belong in the sub report it. If you feel you must say something message the mods. We are here to serve the community so write out your opinion as to why the story is not HFY in your opinion and we will take that into consideration as we look at the story again as we review every story posted here.
Be respectful to one another and don’t cause needless drama
- If you don’t like someone’s work don’t read it. If you think it could be improved by all means post how it could be improved and how you would go about it if the story was yours but don’t post anything negative or hateful. The internet and the world is harsh enough as it is, this is a diverse community with people ranging from all walks of life. Assume English is not their first language and become a teacher and make them a better writer by helping them over condemning them.
Give creative and useful criticism
- Provide examples of how to improve the work, be it pointing out the correct spelling of a word, how to phrase a sentence or better write out a paragraph. Many are just writing here for fun or off of a burst of inspiration with almost no proof reading being done. Help improve the quality of the story by not tearing it apart but pointing out where it needs to be mended and help with overseeing the patch work. Odds are the author will take the lesson to heart and remember it the next time they produce a piece.
Don’t harass an author with hateful PMs
- If you don’t like someone’s comment or story please take it up with us mods over dealing out a personal form of vigilante justice yourself. That only leads to further hate and drama which brings down the quality of the community as a whole.
We try to be accommodating to all forms of HFY be it writing, video, art just about any form of expression is acceptable. However it has become necessary to lay out some guidelines as to what is and isn’t acceptable.
First off is our guidelines on sexual content (found elsewhere on this page) these are nonnegotiable rules that must be adhered to.
Second is writing in settings and universes that are not of your own creation.
While fan fictions are not prohibited, every attempt must be made to contact the original author and you must be able to provide proof upon request. Of course, when writing in a widely popular established universe, such as those of Star Wars, Mass Effect, 40k etc. getting the author’s permission is next to impossible. In these instances, pointing out that the story does in fact take place in an established universe and providing some background information is an acceptable alternative.
A rewording of existing works is not something we wish to encourage. Wanna write in the Jverse? Awesome, check with its creator first. Rewriting the Jverse (or any other work) on the other hand is not okay. We want to encourage all forms of content creation but that strays away from content creation and becomes something else entirely. Please avoid this at every turn.
When submitting sexual and/or erotic content, please adhere to the following:
- Explicit encounters have their place and purpose. Use judiciously!
- Authors are strongly encouraged to avoid casual use of sexually controversial topics
- Use respect and caution when dealing with cultural taboos of any kind, and be aware that they may provoke a strong reaction from the readership of the sub
- Sex with the non-consenting is a dangerous topic to explore, and must never happen in a pornographic context
- If you must explore these themes, it should be (though, strictly speaking, isn’t required to be) crucial to the advancement of a major plot
- Sex with non-sapients is always non-consensual, and depictions are NOT PERMITTED on this site.