Last post
GamingWolfie
GamingWolfie's picture
Launch Bugs

All the bugs you may find go here!

Scotscin
Scotscin's picture
Not sure if it’s a bug, but

Not sure if it’s a bug, but avatars seem really out-of-center with usernames.

ctwelve
ctwelve's picture
Good catch

It’s not a bug. avatars and usernames are not centered together. This is because names like someguynamedted break things :D

[RANTING INTENSIFIES]

someguynamedted
someguynamedted's picture
Grumblegrumblegrumble

Grumblegrumblegrumble

[teds]

Kralizec
Kralizec's picture
While on chrome, typing in

While on chrome, typing in hfy-archive.org in the address bar breaks the site.

It’s fixed by either logging into the website, or relogging if your login info is saved.

edit: grammar

[eyes supiciously]

KineticNerd
Visual Overlap/bug thing

At the bottom of the community expectations page there’s a line running through the vote counter.

I, the Chief Flairquisitor, do solemnly swear to purge filthy heathens and combat the legions of the Unflared One forevermore.

Flairs for the Flair God!

ctwelve
ctwelve's picture
Indeed

Noted, and will fix that in the next theme revision, hopefully.

[RANTING INTENSIFIES]

BelgianRockfan
BelgianRockfan's picture
Feed aggregator

Every story on the feed aggregator page is double posted.

Edit; Upvotes or downvotes can’t be removed, is this a bug or is it intentional?

Lurks

ctwelve
ctwelve's picture
Well...

It’s intentional at the moment. We need additional rules framework to deal with removals.

And yeah, they aren’t quite, they pull from different sources. But reddit seems to return the same RSS so we’ll update the feed.

[RANTING INTENSIFIES]

Dejers
Mobile was quite glitchy...

It seems to have fixed itself though. :)

OOOOOOOH! I GET A SIGNATURE HERE!? THATS EPIC. :)

fourbags
fourbags's picture
Here is a screenshot of the

Here is a screenshot of the mobile view in Safari on iOS 8.3. The width of single-word forum names determine how wide each box will be, causing the forum listings to not line up with each other in portrait or landscape view. When viewing the listing in portrait mode you are forced to pan left and right to read the listings because they expand over the edge of the page. It is also not possible to pinch+zoom to make the entire width visible, but you can zoom out to fit the correct width by double tapping (the zoom effect is lost on every page load). None of the names are long enough to cause a problem on landscape view, but that will change if someone makes a post title with a very long word.

Edit: hfythrowaway brought up the same issue in the feature request thread

fourbags
fourbags's picture
Sidebar size

The sidebar is set to use 35% of the screen which results in the usable text area feeling cramped. Can you change this to a smaller value?

ctwelve
ctwelve's picture
Indeed

This one annoys me too. We are definitely looking to fix it.

[RANTING INTENSIFIES]

Pokeus
Front Page

The only links that work on the homepage are to register an account and the forums. Everything else leads to:

“The requested page “/what it’s supposed to be/stuff” could not be found.”

Don’t know if this is just not build yet or not. Kind of a hardcore lurker.

ctwelve
ctwelve's picture
Thank you!

We had a shift recently to a VPS; most of those issues were caused by name resolution. It should be clear by now.

[RANTING INTENSIFIES]

Sadlycraftful
Sadlycraftful's picture
Email Spam Filter

The email I received to activate my account was caught by my gmail spam filter. This was a minor inconvenience in creating my account and I hope it was just my spam filter overreacting than a real problem. I wouldn’t want people trying to create accounts annoyed into not doing so by something so little as being unable to easily find the activation email.

Sadlycraftful, mayor of the township of Eternal.

ctwelve
ctwelve's picture
Thanks!

This was likely caused by the host shift to a VPS. The appropriate records should be up to date at this time.

[RANTING INTENSIFIES]